Is ‘sorter’ an active or passive transformation?
Sorter is an active transformation.
- The important role of Sorter transformation is to “eliminate the duplicates” . “Key”refers to the port which is participated in sorter operation.
- From specific field , Sorter transformation allows you to sort the data in either ascending or descending order . It allows to changes the order of rows.
- Specifying whether the output rows should be distinct or not is possible, therefore with the distinct properties, it will change the no of rows.
- So, the Sorter transformation is an active transformation. The number of Input Rows will vary when compared with the Output rows.
- During the Sorter transformation is arranged to treat the output rows as distinct, it assigns all the ports as a part of the sort key.
- The Integration Service toss out the duplicate rows compared during the sort operation.
- An example for sorter transformation is to sort the data of EMP(Employee) by EMP_NAME(Employee_Name)
The properties of sorter transformation are:
- Sorter cache size
- Case sensitive
- Work directory
allows to sort data either in ascending or descending order according to a specified field. It changes the order of rows. We can also specify whether the output rows should be distinct or not. Hence with distinct properties enabled, it will change the no of rows. With all above reason,Sorter transformation is active transformation.