Name the business analysis enhancements available for SSAS ?
• The date table and DAX functions are the two features enabled by SSAS in Time Intelligence.
• The SSAS Tabular Model will need to be built with a date dimension.
• Some people still reference this as a time dimension, but in most cases, the table will have dates and no times.
• There is such a thing as a time dimension with a time like 12:30PM and attributes like an hour and minute, but this article is all about the date – Year, Quarter, Month and Day.
• To quickly assign standard account classifications to a chart of accounts in an accounting, we use The Account Intelligence Wizard.
• Examples of these include: Assets, Liabilities, Expense, and Income. Using the Account Intelligence Wizard creates aggregates for these classifications.
• The Dimension Intelligence Wizard is just like the Account Intelligence Wizard. It provides a way to classify the standard type for a particular dimension.
• Similarly, these types can often flow through to client applications for easier review and analysis of data.
• Open the cube, and then click on the Business Intelligence Wizard button, in order to start the Dimension Intelligence Wizard.
The following table lists the business intelligence enhancements that are available in Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Analysis Services (SSAS). The table also shows the cube or dimension to which each business intelligence enhancement applies, and indicates whether an enhancement can be applied to an object that was created without using a data source and for which no schema has been generated.Enhancement TypeApplied toNo data sourceTime IntelligenceCubeCubeNoAccount IntelligenceDimensionDimension or cubeNoDimension IntelligenceDimensionDimension or cubeYesCustom AggregationDimensionDimension (unary operator) or cube NoSemiadditive BehaviorCubeCubeYes>Custom Member FormulaDimensionDimension or cubeNoCustom Sorting and Uniqueness SettingsDimensionDimension or cubeYesDimension WritebackDimensionDimension or cubeYes