What is a workflow in SSIS?
SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) may be a tool that we tend to use to perform ETL operations; i.e. extract, rework and cargo knowledge. whereas ETL process is common in knowledge reposting (DW) applications, SSIS is by no means that restricted to simply DW.
• Example: once you produce a Maintenance set up victimization SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS) associate degree SSIS package is made.
• At a high level, SSIS provides the power to: retrieve knowledge from on the subject of any supply.
• Perform varied transformations on the info.
• Example: convert from one sort to a different, convert to majuscule or minuscule, perform calculations, etc.
• load knowledge into on the subject of any supply
• define a progress
• The 1st version of SSIS was discharged with SQL Server 2005. 0 and SQL Server 2000.
• SSIS builds on the capabilities introduced with psychosis.
So far, we’ve been focused on tasks that are occurring within the immediate realm of ETL processing. You’ve looked at tasks for creating control structures, preparing data, and performing RDBMS operations. This section looks at being able to control other processes and applications in the operating system. Here we sidestep a bit from typical ETL definitions into things that can be more enterprise application integration (EAI) oriented. SSIS packages can also be organized to execute other packages or to call external programs that zip up files or send e-mail alerts, and even put messages directly into application queues for processing.